Friday, February 20, 2015

It sounds like.... THIS!

A wonderful example of seamless collage would be this here tune (see below, but read this rant first) by one my faves, Anaal Nathrakh. It is a a perfect blend of brootal metal-riffing and then their rendition of "Vesti la Giubba" (I had to google the title, and here's a lad who knows how to sing the bejeezus out of it:

I get goosebumps listening to this here Pavarotti chap

Now then, my aim with The Angel is to create something like this song (yes, below, but keep reading). It's a punch and a kick and almost insanely anarchic, and yet beautiful - and no, the lyrics do not matter (not to me), just like the words in my comic don't matter (they're funny, but they shed no light on what the story is). And the transformation from "the brutal," to the other, "the beautiful" is seamless.
So if you want to understand The Micturating Angel a bit more, stick your ears close to the speakers (it will hurt, but you'll get it).

Goosebumps again.

More ramblings soon-ish. Issue #3 is out now, so go get 'em tiger!


No comments:

Post a Comment