Monday, February 23, 2015

Reviews, kind words, etc - people who like "The Micturating Angel"

Dear Xtian:Just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed very much your delightfully scabrous micturating angels in Hydrolith 2!All best,

Sasha Vlad


The above was an email sent to yours truly by a fine Surrealist and it warmed the cockles of my heart. Please, everyone start referring to the Angel as a "delightfully scabrous" comic! 


I've also come across some other reviews/ recommendations on this here Interwebs, so here we go:


from Surrealismo Internacional [surrint.blogspot.com.au], a Spanish blog dedicated to all things Surrealism, we find a review of Hydrolith #2, the anthology wherein the first issue of this comic was published last year (see earlier entry HERE).


Quote:


"Among the many illustrations, with a predominance of collages and drawings, but also paintings and digital works, I can only highlight some preferences:  ...[a] very original comic [by] Xtian, Melbourne, entitled The micturating [sic] Angel , "fairy science and erotic" in which he systematically involved with a fun result, on some figures to George Levis, narrating the stories of girls Bella Hayley, Molly, Gaby and Lucinda-all a discovery that makes us want to do the same with many bookmarks, or even indifferent comics (in these, the improvement would be obvious)."
(I translated this with Google...)
See original article HERE. 

The reviewer also posts a page from the comic, which I'm very happy about.





I had to google who Georges Levis was - a flattering comparison I have to say (THIS should give you some idea - oh and the link is NSFW, ooo-err).


Our third and last (for now) kind champion (David Nadeau) is from Canada. His  blog is also devoted to Surrealism, is called présence du surréalisme [surrealismeactuel.blogspot.com.au] and we find a simple recommendation of a T-shirt related to the Angel (one of the Secret Chiefs designs - huh? what? click HERE ).



To these people I say 
THANK YOU.
Feedback, reviews and recommendations are most welcome. Whilst I don't expect anyone "to get" what I'm doing with this comic (9 times outta 10 I donno either), it's great to see people connecting (positively) with it.

EXCELSIOR!

1 comment:

  1. I also have enjoy very much your delightfully scabrous comics, very much and the goodness for them to inexplicable very nice. I for the long time have the positive eyes for Surrealist X in comics, maybe the best!

    ReplyDelete